About Doctorate in Nursing
The Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) is ultimately intended to produce nursing leaders. After obtaining the necessary credentials, such nurses work in a clinical setting or in a leadership role and have the highest level of nursing expertise.
They are well-versed in influencing healthcare outcomes through organizational leadership, health policy implementation, and direct patient care.
The Doctorate In Nursing (DNP) is the highest level of clinical nursing education and an alternative to the research-focused Ph.D. It is intended to provide advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) with a specialty as well as the knowledge needed to improve patient care through evidence-based treatment.
Objectives Of Doctorate in Nursing PhD
The Doctorate in Nursing was established with the goal of preparing nursing personnel to conduct advanced research and to prepare nurse educators, administrators, and practitioners to conduct systematic research to improve the quality of nursing care. The program will train nurses to provide evidence-based nursing care to patients/clients in a variety of settings, including evidence-based nursing education and practice.
- Allow nursing staff to gain advanced nursing research skills.
- Prepare nurse educators, administrators, and practitioners to conduct systematic research in order to improve nursing care quality.
- Allow nursing personnel to provide evidence-based nursing care to patients/clients in a variety of settings.
- Create models and theories based on Indian-specific health care concepts.
Duration of the programme:
After registering for the Doctorate In Nursing Programme, the minimum, and maximum duration will be three and six years, respectively. Women candidates and Persons with Disabilities (more than 40% disability) may be granted a two-year extension to the maximum Ph.D. duration. With the Vice Chancellor’s approval, the maximum duration can be extended by one year. In such cases, the student will be required to pay a fee for the period of extension.
Doctorate In Nursing Highlights
|Full-Form||Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing|
|Duration||Minimum 3 years, can be stretched up to 5 years (depends on the length of the research)|
|Minimum Eligibility||Masters in Nursing along with an aggregate of 55% marks.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam followed by Interview|
|Top Entrance Exams||JIPMER, AIIMS PG 2020|
|Top Colleges||Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Annamalai University, Amity University, etc.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 5,000 to INR 4,00,000|
|Top Career Prospects||Chief Nursing Officer, Rehabilitation Specialist, Critical Care Nurse, Nurse Manager, Community Health Specialist, etc|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3,00,000 to INR 10,00,000|
Doctorate In Nursing Eligibility
- Professionals in nursing who have completed their M.Phil. A degree with a minimum of 55% from a recognised university, or an equivalent grade (50 per cent for SC and ST candidates).
- M.Sc. in nursing professionals Nursing, with a grade point average of 55% and five years of teaching/industry/administration/professional/clinical experience.
- Nursing professionals who have earned their M.Sc. Nursing with a mark of 55% (50 per cent marks for SC and ST candidates).
Doctorate In Nursing Admission Process
- Online Registration: Students must register for the entrance exam by providing their email address, mobile number, and password, after which they will be assigned a login id.
- Filling out the application form: After creating a login id, candidates must complete the online application form by entering their personal and academic information as well as the details of the course they wish to pursue.
- Documents Uploading: When completing the application form, candidates must upload the required documents such as a photograph, signature, id proof, postgraduate degree, and marksheet, among others.
- Application Fee: After submitting the required documents, students must pay the application fee via credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- After paying the application fee, candidates must save and download the application form for future use.
- Admit Card Issuance: The admission authority will issue admit cards to eligible students based on a record of the details submitted by the students.
- Exam Dates: Exam dates will be released by various conducting bodies after receiving the admit card. Candidates must take and pass an entrance exam in order to be admitted.
- Declaration of Result: At the end of the process, admissions officers will announce the results of the entrance exams they took.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview: Selected candidates must attend additional admissions rounds, including a group discussion and a personal interview.
Doctorate In Nursing Syllabus
|Current Health Issues and Policies||This topic involves all the current health issues and recent health policies that may benefit the patients.|
|Nursing Leadership||This course involves subjects that help to develop leadership skills in the nurses. Some of the subjects taught include communication skills, soft skills, along with regular nursing subjects.|
|Nursing Informatics||This course involves the study of Information Technology Systems which are used in Nursing on a regular basis.|
|Philosophy of Nursing Science and Theoretical Perspectives||This topic will discuss the principle philosophy of nursing science along with the various theoretical perspectives involved in it.|
|Nursing Theories and Theory Development||This topic will discuss important nursing theories and perspectives involved with them. The candidates will have to study the theories in detail and prepare a thesis on them.|
|Overview of Theory in Nursing||Here, the candidates will have to do adequate research and prepare an overview of the theory of nursing and nursing practices.|
Top Doctorate In Nursing (PH.D.) Colleges
|SR.No||College Name||City, State||Duration||Email ID|
|1||Adhiparasakthi College of Nursing||Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu||3 Yearsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Amity University||Gurgaon, Haryana||3 Yearsemail@example.com|
|3||Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Courses||Pune, Maharashtra||3 Yearsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences||Wardha, Maharashtra||3 Yearsemail@example.com|
|5||Choithram College of Nursing||Indore, Madhya Pradesh||3 Yearsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Bharati Vidyapeeth University College of Nursing||Pune, Maharashtra||3 Yearsemail@example.com|
|7||Bharati Vidyapeeth||Pune, Maharashtra||3 Yearsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||Apollo College of Nursing||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||3 Yearsemail@example.com|
|9||Annai JKK Sampoorani Ammal College of Nursing||Namakkal, Tamil Nadu||3 Yearsfirstname.lastname@example.org|