MSc Nursing admission is one of the most popular nursing programmes for students who have completed a B.Sc Nursing or related study. M.Sc. Nursing is a two-year postgraduate programme for students interested in pursuing a career as a nurse and serving humanity.
In India, there are numerous government and private universities that provide M.Sc Nursing Admission programmes. Some of these colleges take national entrance tests, while others take state-level exams, and yet others run their own exams. So, if saving lives and assisting those in need of medical assistance appeals to you, this post is for you. In this article, we’ll go over all of the pertinent facts about M.Sc Nursing admissions in India.
Quick Facts About MSc Nursing
|Course Name||BSC Nursing||MSC Nursing|
|Course Level||Under Graduate||Post Graduate|
|Course Duration||4 years||2 years|
|Min Qualification||10+2 as in Science field is required||Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field|
|Selection process||Entrance Base||Merit or Entrance Base|
|Average Course Fee||1.5 lakhs||1.30 lakhs|
|Average Initial Salary||INR 1.5 lakhs – INR 6 lakhs per annum||Rs 3,00,000/- to Rs 8,50,000/- LPA|
M.Sc. Nursing Important Dates
Students interested in MSc Nursing programmes at top universities should be aware of all pertinent information, including application and exam dates, admission procedures, and other vital information.
The table below shows the tentative calendar for MSc Nursing admissions in India.
|Application Commences||August 2021|
|Application Ends||August 2021|
|Admit Card Releases||September 2021|
|Answer Key Releases||TBA|
|Merit List Releases||TBA|
|Counselling Begins and Ends||TBA|
MSc Nursing Admission Process
From one institution to the next, the selection process may differ. Candidates should also make sure that they are familiar with the admission procedures of the colleges they are interested in by visiting their official website.
The following are some of the most important aspects of the M.Sc Nursing Selection Process: –
- Many colleges allow candidates to take direct admission based on their qualifying exam scores.
- Candidates must, however, take the Institute’s qualifying entrance exam in some government and private colleges.
- Candidates who meet the entrance examination cut-off scores are eligible to participate in the college’s admissions or counselling.
- Original documentation will be examined during the admissions or counselling process.
- Candidates who are eligible for M.Sc Nursing admission will be assigned seats after the records are reviewed. Some institutions require qualifying candidates to participate in Personal Interview rounds as part of the counselling process.
MSc Nursing Admission Eligibility Criteria
To be admitted to M.Sc Nursing, candidates must meet the qualifying standards listed below. Candidates should also be aware that the M.Sc. in Nursing qualifying requirements may differ from one institution to the next. However, we have already mentioned some of the most typical M.Sc Nursing Admission criteria.
- Candidates must have completed a B.Sc. degree in a related discipline in the Science stream.
- Candidates must have earned a degree from a reputable university.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum of 50% on the qualifying examination; however, the qualifying percentage varies each college.
- To be admitted to an M.Sc Nursing programme at some colleges, candidates must also pass national, state, or institute level entrance exams.
- Candidates must also be medically fit, with a medical fitness certificate from a licenced physician required at the time of admission.
- Along with a B.Sc. degree, some universities require candidates to have one year of work experience in a hospital or nursing school.
MSc Nursing Admission Entrance Exams
List of M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam in India:
- AP M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Arunachal Pradesh M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Assam M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Bihar M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- CG M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Goa M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Gujarat M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Haryana M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- HPU M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Jammu and Kashmir M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Jharkhand M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Karnataka M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Kerala Nursing Entrance Exam
- MP M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Maharashtra M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Manipur M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Meghalaya M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Mizoram M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Nagaland M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Odisha M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Punjab M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Rajasthan M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Sikkim M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- TN M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Telangana M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Tripura M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- KGMU M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- Uttarakhand M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- West Bengal M.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
MSc Nursing Admission through NEET
No. A candidate desperate to pursue master’s degree in Nursing need not seem for NEET exams.
MSc Nursing Admission 2021 is awarded through several entrance examinations offered by the institute or university, such as AIIMS PG Exam, MET 2021, DSAT 2021, and others, and followed by other rounds such as GD and PI rounds, if any.
MSc Nursing Top Colleges
|Colleges||Location||Average Fees (INR)|
|Amrita College of Nursing||Kochi||1.15 LPA|
|Krishna Institute of Medical sciences||Satara||1.16 LPA|
|SGT University||Gurgaon||1.13 LPA|
|Apollo School of Nursing||New Delhi||1.1 LPA|
|Army Institute of Nursing||Guwahati||1.14 LPA|
|Sri Ramachandra Medical college||Chennai||1.05 LPA|
|West Bengal University of Health Science||West Bengal||1.09 LPA|
|Little Flower College of Nursing||Ernakulam||1.26 LPA|
Summary MSc Nursing Admission:
This is a two-year post-graduate programme. Candidates must have received at least 50% in Science as a necessary subject in their 10+2 exams from any recognized board. Candidates must have passed an acceptable entrance exam such as the AIIMS MSc Exam, MET 2021, WBPGNAT 2021, and others. Candidates must have a valid score and meet the college’s cut-off requirements.
MSc entrance requires completion of a BSc in a suitable discipline.
MSc Nursing Admission FAQ
Can I do job while doing MSc Nursing?
Candidate must have a minimum of one year of work experience as a registered nurse with better medical fitness which is mandatory.
Which Speciality is best in MSc Nursing?
Gynaecology and Obstetrics Nursing. Paediatric Nursing. Neuroscience and Mental Health Nursing. Psychiatric Nursing. Critical Care Nursing, etc.
Who is eligible for MSc Nursing?
Any State Nursing Registration Council requires the candidate to be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent. B.Sc Nursing/Bsc Hons Nursing/Post Basic B.sc Nursing with a minimum of 55 percent aggregate marks shall be the minimum educational qualifications.
What is the scope of MSc Nursing?
Nurses should have good clinical experience and with master degree in nursing can have good package of salary in India and abroad.They can work as a Nursing Instructor, Staff Nurse, Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Assistant, ICU Nurse, Clinical Nurse Manager, Ward Nurse, Tutor, Paramedic Nurse, Occupational Health Nurse.
How can I get admission in MSc nursing?
MSc Nursing Admission 2021 is provided by the institute’s numerous entrance examinations, such as the AIIMS PG Exam, MET 2021, DSAT 2021, and others.
Is there entrance exam for MSc nursing?
YES, MSc Entrance Exams: AIIMS MSc Exam, MET 2021, WBPGNAT, DSAT 2021 etc.
Is MSc nursing is equal to MBBS?
No ! M.Sc. Nursing, is a post graduate level course.
What is the salary of MSc nursing?
A postgraduate in the profession can expect to earn between INR 1 lakh and INR 2 lakhs per year on average.
What is the procedure of admission to an M.Sc nursing course at Armed Force Medical College, Pune?
AFMC MD/MS admission is based on NEET PG score, followed by a counselling round. The course duration of MD/MS is three years. In this too, Candidate must go through with the same part of eligible category.