General Nursing Midwifery, or GNM admission, is a three-and-a-half-year diploma programme in nursing. Students who want to pursue a GNM diploma can do so after completing the Science stream of their class 12 examination. The three-year and half-year programme includes a six-month internship requirement.
GNM diploma course is one of the courses that can be used as a stepping stone to a career in the Nursing industry. Graduates of the GNM programme can begin their careers at state or private medical centers.
The typical GNM diploma degree fee in India ranges from Rs 20,000 to Rs 1.5 Lakh each year. Which may differ depending on the standards of the universities/colleges. There are several institutes in India that provide the GNM diploma, and admission is based on both entrance tests and merit.
Nursing programmes such as GNM Nursing play a crucial role in the healthcare industry, especially in these difficult times. Students can use clinical approaches to aid patients with their requirements as a result of their occupational training.
The job entails administering to patients and supporting doctors in providing treatment to the general public.
A GNM Nursing course’s curriculum is specifically designed to prepare students to work as full-fledged nurses. Candidates receive a mix of theoretical and practical training, which aids in the acquisition of basic skills.
Quick Facts About GNM Admission
|Course name||General Nursing and Midwifery|
|Duration||3 Years 6 Months|
|Admission Process||State Level/ Merit-Based/ Entrance Exam|
|Qualification Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks|
|Course fee||INR 40,000 – INR 2,50,000|
|Top Employment Areas||Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Universities, etc|
|Job Roles||Clinical Nurse Specialist, Legal Nurse Consultant, Forensic Nursing, etc.|
|Salary||INR 4,00,000 – INR 7,00,000 per annum|
GNM Admission Important Dates
|Exam Name||Exam Date|
|Assam GNM Exam||TBA|
|Bihar GNM Exam||TBA|
|Gujarat State GNM Exam||TBA|
|Himachal GNM Exam||TBA|
|Jharkhand GNM Exam||TBA|
|Karnataka GNM Exam||TBA|
|Kerala GNM Exam||TBA|
|Manipur GNM Exam||TBA|
|Maharashtra GNM Exam||TBA|
|Odisha GNM Exam||October 2021|
|Punjab||Merit List Basis|
|Rajasthan GNM Exam||TBA|
|Tamil Nadu GNM Exam||TBA|
|Uttar Pradesh GNM Exam||September 2021|
|West Bengal GNM Exam||August 22, 2021|
GNM Admission Admission Process
For these degrees, the institutes also hold their own entrance tests or accept candidates who have passed state-level diploma entrance exams. Those who pass the entrance tests will be considered for admission to the GNM programme.
- To sit for the GNM Nursing exams, candidates must have completed Class 12th. GNM admission is not available to students who are still in the 12th grade.
- Students must complete an application form and pay the application cost. They will be awarded direct admission if their score matches the criterion of the college to which they are applying.
GNM Admission Eligibility Criteria
The following are the main requirements for enrolling in a GNM Nursing programme in India.
- Students must have finished their Class 12th in any major, with a preference for Science and Biology subjects.
- Candidates must also have received at least 50% in their Class 12th exam. Some of the best medical schools in the country require 60 percent in GNM Nursing courses.
- They must also have scored at least the appropriate number of points on their GNM Nursing Entrance Exam Result.
GNM Admission Entrance Exams
The majority of GNM admissions are made through state-run entrance exams. Once a year, these entrance exams are held. Students who are eligible may take the tests, which they must pass in order to qualify.
- Andhra Pradesh GNM Exam
- Assam State GNM Exam
- Bihar GNM Exam
- Gujarat State GNM Exam
- Himachal GNM Exam
- Jharkhand GNM Exam
- Karnataka GNM Exam
- Kerala GNM Exam
- Madhya Pradesh GNM Exam
- Maharashtra GNM Exam
- Meghalaya GNM Exam
- Mizoram GNM Exam
- Odisha GNM Exam
- Rajasthan GNM Exam
- Tamil Nadu GNM Exam
- Uttar Pradesh GNM Exam
- West Bengal GNM Exam
GNM Top Colleges
Government State Sector:
|IPGMER-Institute Of Post Graduate Medical Education And Research||Kolkata|
|Government Medical College||Kozhikode|
|Bankura Sammilani Medical College||West Bengal|
|Indira Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences – [IGIMS]||Patna|
|Government Medical College And Hospital – [GMCH]||Chandigarh|
|T.D. Medical College||Kerala|
|Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS)||Punjab|
|IRT Perundurai Medical College – [IRTPMC]||Tamil Nadu|
|Sharda University||Greater Noida,UP|
|HLM Group Of Institutions||Ghaziabad|
|Hind Institute Of Medical Sciences||Lucknow|
|Institute Of Para Medical Technology||New Delhi|
|Noida International University||UP|
|IIMT University||Meerut, UP|
|National Institute Of Management And Technology||Greater Noida|
|Rama University||Hapur, UP|
How we can help Students for GNM Admission
Students who want to use their future to help others should take this course. We can help them by providing students the equipment of knowledge as theoretical as well as practical, that what they can do with their nursing course.
This is the finest approach for developing a humane planet from a futuristic perspective. With this GNM Nursing Course as a pay and higher healthcare facility acceptance, they might have a brighter future.
GNM courses should be pursued by candidates who have a strong determination and are willing to work hard and dedicate themselves.
Step by step process to apply for GNM
- Admission will be open to those who are at least 17 years old. (As of December 31, 2021). The maximum age is 35 years old.
- General Nursing and Midwifery is a clinical nursing programme that lasts 3.5 years.
- Depending on the college, GNM Nursing fees range from INR 30,000 to INR 1,00,000.
- Admission to the GNM Nursing programme is done through entrance exams administered by several state departments across India.
- Candidates for admission to GNM must have completed a class 12th/equivalent exam with English as one of the subjects and received a minimum of 40% on the exam from any recognised board. Candidates who fall into the SC/ST 2 category and have passed their exams are eligible to apply.
- It is recommended to have a Science group that includes physics, chemistry, and biology. Candidates from other groups will be considered if candidates from science groups are not available.
- After the entrance exam they have to get a good score to make a seat in GNM nursing admission. There are few institutes which have a Direct admission. If the individual passes the exam, he or she is eligible for counselling.
Summary GNM Admission:
You are eligible with age of 17 years with max limit of 37 years. Its a Healthcare nursing course with theoretical and practical assessment. 10+2 completed with 40-50% marks score to qualify for this course. The merit/entrance exam score is taken into consideration. A 3.5-year diploma programme includes a 6-month internship. Having a career sector available for achieving a higher score on a university exam.
GNM Admission FAQ
Can I get admission in GNM in 2022?
GNM 2022 Application Form will be released in the 4th week of July 2022.
How can I get admission in GNM course?
Online and Offline with states entrance exam on their own state.
What is qualification for GNM?
10+2 with recommended of science field. Any field relevant though.
What is GNM salary?
INR 2-5 LPA
What is the difference between a B.Sc in nursing and a GNM? Which has a better scope?
B.sc Nursing course is better than General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) as the better scope of career growth, higher studies, and salary too.
What is the status of the GNM course (General nursing and Midwifery)? Is it going to end? If yes, what will happen to those who will take admission in 2018? Will they be able to get placements or government jobs?
The government is phasing out GNM courses, according to the council, in order to assure high-quality nursing education. the National Health Policy had envisaged that GNM training will be Phased Out By 2021-22. There will be having a government jobs for GNM candidates.
After doing general nursing & midwifery (GNM), what is the best or the most suitable option to adopt and follow to go abroad?
Following GNM, one can register as an R.N.R.M. with the State Nurse Registration Council. After that, one can begin working and gaining experience.
What is the difference between GNM and ANM?
GNM is focused on overall nursing training while ANM Nursing course is focused on the community level only. GNM is based on large scale while ANM students are often required to serve in rural and backward areas, majorly deal with maternity care.
What is the salary of a GNM nurse?
INR 3,00,000 to INR 5,00,000
What is GNM? I have passed 12th with PCM. Can I do this?
General Nursing and Midwifery and yes by PCM it is eligible.